Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Minimal Effort

Some days even if you wake up on time you just don't feel like going to work or putting in much effort into your appearance. While I always advocate at least showering (for the sake of everyone who has to work with you) I know how it feels to not be motivated for another grueling day at the office. I personally try to plan my outfits for the week every Sunday night by looking at the weather forecast for the week and taking into consideration what important meetings I may have that week (including events I have to attend after work). I iron anything that needs it and hang all the outfits I have selected for the week in a specific spot. I also usually try to take the time to select accessories for each outfit as well. This may seem like a daunting task, since just selecting what you are going to wear for one day can be difficult enough, let alone five days. But, I have found that as time goes on it is much easier, makes my morning routine go faster, and helps me in case I either wake up late or feel unmotivated. 

Some of my "minimal effort" (aka. I seriously considered calling in sick today) outfits:
When in doubt, color block

 Statement Necklace
Outfit: Black dolman sweater- Love Culture; Grey slacks- Ross; Heels- Madden Girl (thrifted from Plato's closet); Necklace- Charming Charlie.
 Belted Shirt  
Outfit Details- Grey puff sleeve turtle neck- Forever 21; Black slacks- Ross; Necklace- gift; Watch- Target; Purple belt- Forever 21; Wrapped wedges- American Eagle (Payless).
 Standard Black Pencil Skirt (next 2 photos)
Outfit Details: Burgundy puff sleeve turtle neck- Old Navy (old); Charcoal pencil skirt- Ross; Black cardigan- Merona (Target); Grey and burgundy plaid bow flats- American Eagle (Payless); Chain and bead necklace- Forever 21; Bracelet- gift.
Outfit Details: Black blazer- H&M (old); Black pencil skirt- Forever 21; Green puff sleeve turtle neck- Old Navy (old); Black tights- Kohl's; Flats- Chinese Laundry (Ross); Green and gold disc earrings- Forever 21; Gold and multicolored gem necklace- Forever 21. 
 Black and White
Outfit details: Lace long sleeve shirt- Forever 21; White blazer- H&M (old); Grey pants- The Limited; Necklace- Charming Charlie; Earrings- Forever 21.

Geometric Prints and Brights
Outfit Details: Blazer and blouse- Forever 21; Pants- Kohl's; Necklace- gift; Earrings- Target.
Classic Preppy
Outfit Details: White button up shirt- Forever 21; Sweater- Kohl's; Necklace- Kohl's; Pants- The Limited.
 Contrasting Color Pop
Outfit Details: Shirt (royal)- Charlotte Russe; Yellow belt and bracelet- Forever 21; Necklace- Target.
Colorful Shoes
Blue suede flats- Qupid
There are many options to look stylish and like you put thought into your outfit in a moment's notice. What is your go-to look on days you don't feel like trying that hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment