Ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Saturday, August 25, 2012

90 Day Challenge


So, at the beginning of August I took up a challenge- to only purchase clothes from thrift stores or consignment stores for the next 90 days (end of November/beginning of December). So far it is going great and it is a fantastic challenge to visit your local consignment store before you go to the mall to see how much money you'll save and what great items you can find.

One of my favorite places is Plato's Closet. They have numerous locations in Denver and I sell my clothes to them all the time. I get twice the amount I sell to them if I accept a gift card from them versus cash. This means I have accumulated A LOT of money on a gift card to spend there, and I am finally "cashing in". Most of these stores sell gently used designer and name brand clothing for really cheap! For example, the other day I bought a pair of shorts, 3 skirts, and a shirt for ONLY $21! That's 5 articles of clothing!

Join me in this challenge as it is a great way to save and budget money!  Check out my buying guide for helpful hints on clothing inspection at thrift stores and consignment stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment